Langsung ke konten utama

International Dorm Life

'True friends are never apart. Maybe in distance, but never in heart.'
 
Mabuhay po! Hallo! After VRU send us to watpangiw school, we stay at school dormitory with 5 chinesse student who teach in wat pangiw. I really enjoy the athmosphere of International dorm life. There are 7 indonesian, 3 filipinos and 5 chinesse student living in same door.
 
My room mate is Fanni, Ari and Cath. Cath is the one from philippines, she's so humble an funny. Cath's friends, jean and al usually come to my room and share everything. Food, drink and story in our country. Al asked about why most of indonesian using veil and cant eat pork. And we so happy to share about that. 
 
So, sea teacher not only give me experience in teaching activity, but also how to survive of living with people from different country, different religion and different culture. We learn about each other to grow our tolerance. I'm really grateful of beinng part of this program. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

To Infinity and Beyond

"Up in the clouds on my way to unknown things" - unknown Finally, I have choosen as participant of SEA-Teacher project Batch 7. I really grateful because it like my dream comes true. Going abroad, far from home but learn something new. All of things that I cant found in Indonesia before.  So, SEA-Teacher Project or the "Pre-Service Student Teacher Exchange in Southeast Asia" is project from SEAMEO that provide the student tecaher to have experience teache in school in others country. And lucky me, I'm going to Thailand.  My university sent 18 student teacher to go Thailand and Philippines. I'm going to thailand with my friend, Fannisa from pre-school program. We have same univeristy host (VRU) and also same school (Wat Pangiw School). if you really want to join this program you can ask @oierupi on instagram or kindly visit seatecaher web at www.seateacher.seameo.org but first, let me tell you my journey in Thailand.

Teaching Assistant : Learn to Teach

"In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn. " - Paul Collins  I learn so much things from these part. I help teacher  mel to manage class and help her to find some ice breaking for student. They really love to dance and sing. So atractive and warm. Even sometime, they're so noisy and busy with their own activity. But I love them. The feeling when student call me, "teacher mia" is indescribeable. even while i'm in teacing assistant they just ask simple question aboute correct or no. But these part really help me to be close and know my student. What they love, what they want and what their favorite method of learning. Teacher mel usually share about her excess and lack of teaching. She said that different grade also had different character. So, as a teacher we should know what the most effective learning methods in different class.

See You When I See You, Thailand

Last day, VRU held farewell party to close this program. One of the participat from philippines, Reggy, give speach to say thanks and sorry for everything we have done there. VRU also give me a sertificate as a participant. I'm so happy. Beside that, VRU provide us luch. They give me Thailand traditional food, pad thai. It's sooo delicious and i like it. Maybe because pad thai not contain corriander leave so I can eat that. For sure, i will miss Thailand. Wat pangiw. and VRU. They give me different story. Maybe not all of the story was fun but I can learn from everything that I do in there. I really proud to be part of these program. I was said that it not only provide us to learn about teach, but also learn abou life. How we can life in different country and different religion. Because it really my first time of being minority. So I can learn to understand the minority in indonesia. I hope more of country in ASEAN can join these program. So, we can travel around the A...